st: RE: Declaring several local variables at once

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Declaring several local variables at once
Date   Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:05:59 +0100

You don't declare local macros in advance. You just define them as

local a b c = 0

is legal but if defines the local macro -a- as the text "b c = 0", which
is not what you want. Trying to -display- that does cause a problem for
separate reasons.

local a = 0
local b = 0
local c = 0

is the easiest way to do it, short of messing around with command

Locals disappear when a program ends; that's part of their definition.

Dani Tilley

I was wondering how you can declare more than one local var in one line.

I tried -loc a b c=0- and it returned no error. But -di `a'- returned
Also, is there a way to `drop' the locals after your program ends?