st: AW: RE: RE: Estout for metan?

Subject   st: AW: RE: RE: Estout for metan?
Date   Thu, 5 Aug 2010 17:48:38 +0200

<>

Re -statsby-, also see NJC`s recent
http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=gr0045

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Roger Harbord
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. August 2010 17:43
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: RE: RE: Estout for metan?

An alternative solution should be possible using -statsby-. You'd need
to first append all your study data into a single large file and
create an extra ID number to indicate which meta-analysis each study
belongs to (you could probably do that with a single very long command
of the form -append using file1 file2...file200, generate(metaid)- ).
You should then be able to use -statsby- to automatically loop over
the meta-analyses and collect the  various results you want that
-metan- returns in r().

Roger.
--
Roger Harbord
http://www.epi.bris.ac.uk/staff/rharbord.htm

On 30 July 2010 17:06, Megan Fesinmeyer <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thank you so much for this idea!  I will give it a try.  I had sort of
given up yesterday, and spent the day reformatting my data to perform
meta-analysis in METAL software.  I'd much rather use Stata, so it would be
great if I can get this approach to work.