Re: st: Run a do file but see output

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Run a do file but see output
Date   Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:44:35 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 4/8/10, Allan Reese (Cefas) wrote:
> I've always used -do filename- for little command files.  Having written
> a large file (mainly mata) that gets modified incrementally, I would
> like to run it without the commands filling the results screen every
> time.  So for the first time ever, I tried -run- but
> don't get any output!

I would stick the mata code inside a mata function and store that in
a separate .do file, than in the remaining .do file I would add the

mata foo()

where is the name of the .do file that creates your mata function
and foo() is the name of the that function.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen