Re: st: Run a do file but see output

Subject   Re: st: Run a do file but see output
Date   Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:44:35 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 4/8/10, Allan Reese (Cefas) wrote:
> I've always used -do filename- for little command files.  Having written
> a large file (mainly mata) that gets modified incrementally, I would
> like to run it without the commands filling the results screen every
> time.  So for the first time ever, I tried -run- but
> don't get any output!

I would stick the mata code inside a mata function and store that in
a separate .do file, than in the remaining .do file I would add the
lines

run foo.do
mata foo()

where foo.do is the name of the .do file that creates your mata function
and foo() is the name of the that function.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie