st: missing values in panel data

From   Schöler, Lisa <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: missing values in panel data
Date   Tue, 3 Aug 2010 19:21:10 +0000

Dear all,

in my panel data set (unbalanced) I have a variable called "RD spendings". I have those data for the years 2001-2009 (sometimes less years) for 200 companies each year. Now I need to predict/forecast the missing data for 1999 and 2000. I think that -interpolate- is not possible. Looking at the trend between 2001 and 2009, I can tell that the spendings are rising most of the times.
Can somebody give me a suggestion what would be the best solution with Stata?

Thank you