st: mac & windows difference

From   "Airey, David C" <david.airey@Vanderbilt.Edu>
Subject   st: mac & windows difference
Date   Tue, 3 Aug 2010 14:12:31 -0500

.

When choosing variables from drop down menus in dialog boxes, you can only choose one variable at a time on the mac. I usually don't use dialogs. In Windows Stata, it seems the variable drop down stays open until you click outside the drop down. On the mac, the moment you click a variable the drop down disappears, requiring you to open it again if you want to click another variable. Can the mac behavior be made to work like that in Windows? The mac behavior stinks by comparison. I noticed this after watching one of Michael Mitchell's Stata screen casts.

-Dave