Re: st: Would _sgmediation_ work for dichotomous dependent variable?

From   Philip Ender <>
Subject   Re: st: Would _sgmediation_ work for dichotomous dependent variable?
Date   Sun, 1 Aug 2010 13:17:51 -0700

Bo MacInnis <> wrote:

Interested in using the wonderful _sgmediation_ command that Phil
Ender provided, I wonder if the use of _sgmediation_ is restricted to
linear regression with continuous dependent variable. I have a case
where the dependent variable is categorical or even dichotomous, and
I've been using probit for the main (total effect) for the dichotomous
dependent variable. I'd like to use _sgmediation_ for the mediational

-sgmediation- was not meant for models with either binary mediators or
binary response variables.  I suggest you try -binary_mediation-
(findit binary_mediation) which estimation using the product of
coefficients approach with all of the variables standardized.  The
command syntax is very similar to -sgmediation-.

Phil Ender
UCLA Statistical Consulting Group