st: RE: how to use for* loops "noisily"?

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: how to use for* loops "noisily"?
Date   Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:13:49 +0100

See the concurrent thread started by Aleksander Rutkowski.

László Sándor

Sorry I could not google this down (or find in the manual): I am
trying to use some efficient code, much like the advice of Kit Baum's
books and Stata tips, but if I use loops (-foreach- or -forvalues-)
for everything (cases, specification, restrictions etc.), I rarely see
anything going on, only estimation results are coded to get
posted/displayed in this case [by Stata], and the occasional (=
omnipresent) error message.

I experimented with turning -set trace on-, but it did more harm than
good. Some clumsy bracketing into -noisily- chunks did not help

Is there something to do if I'd like to run this do-file as a regular
do-file for all commands, in or out of loops?