st: Validation with estat concordance

From   Molla Huq <>
Subject   st: Validation with estat concordance
Date   Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:54:05 +1000

I am trying to validate a proposed cox proportional hazard model. I have
a split data (60% on which I have constructed the model and  40% on
which I am trying to validate it). As for CPH model we dont use lroc, we
can use Harrell's C (as far as I know). But Harrell's C (estat
concordance) only runs on the data on which the model was constructed
(60%) not on the data (40%) I am trying to validate as it is a
post-estimation command. Is there anything I can do to do a validation
or n-fold validation? Any help will be appreciated.

Molla Huq
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine,
Monash University,