RE: RE: st: AW: levelsof problem?

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: RE: st: AW: levelsof problem?
Date   Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:14:56 +0100

For those interested, I made -prelist- and -postlist- commands available
around 1999 in -listutil- on SSC for exactly this purpose. (For
"element" read "word, Stata sense".)

(At this moment SSC appears to be down.)

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Clyde Schechter

Notwithstanding all that has been said on this topic, I think it would
be
really useful if Stata Corp. developed a new macro extended-function
that
attached the same prefix (or suffix) to each element of a macro.  I find
myself writing the kind of loop that has been proposed in this thread so
often that I've written a short ado that returns the modified macro to
automate the process.  But a built-in extended-function would be even
better.