st: AW: match data

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: AW: match data
Date   Tue, 27 Jul 2010 18:10:56 +0200

<>

First you want to -append-/-merge- the two datasets. Then it will be a piece
of cake.

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Maximiliano
Manuel Silva Correa
Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. Juli 2010 18:03
An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Betreff: st: match data

Dear stata Community

Im trying to match data between two datasets but i dont know how? Can
someone explain the sintaxis about how to do this?

Suppose we have several power transmision lines (indexed by variable
LINE), and several substations in between (indexed by SUBS), each of
them has a power consumption (POWER)

Suppose we have two datasets, each of the corresponding to one year.

I want to compare the power consumption between both years.

It would be somtehing like

By LINE SUBS: generate POWER_PAST

So, in the dataset containing the present data, i can calculate de
difference in power consumtion between both years.

Any suggetsioens? Any help will be well received. Thx in advance.

Max