st: RE: xt-overid

Subject   st: RE: xt-overid
Date   Mon, 26 Jul 2010 23:11:54 +0100

Giannis,

What -xtoverid- is doing internally is reestimating the original model, but using -ivreg2- on the transformed data.  The error message says that this internal reestimation doesn't match the original.

The -noi- option lets you see the results of this internal reestimation.  Unfortunately, the variable names are all temporary variables rather than the originals, but maybe you can work out which is which.  In any case, the thing to do is to compare the results of the internal reestimation with your original estimation.  My guess is that you have some collinear excluded instruments, and -xtoverid-/-ivreg2- is dropping some of them.  With a little luck, the internal reestimation by -ivreg2- will have some informative messages along those or similar lines.

--Mark

> However, even using a much smaller specification I also fail
> to get the result.
>
> Any suggestion will be very helpful for me.
>
> Really many thanks for your time .
>

> Thank you in advance,
>
> G. P.

> Hotmail: Δωρεάν, αξιόπιστη και αποτελεσματική υπηρεσία email.

registered under charity number SC000278.