st: calculate the exact Poisson confidence intervals in stata

From   helen bian <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: calculate the exact Poisson confidence intervals in stata
Date   Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:38:47 +0100

I have generated two variables, observed and expected, and the number of
observed event is less than 500. I would like to calculate the confidence
interval for the ratios (=observed/expected), i.e. the indirectly
standardised ratios. Does anyone know how to calculate the exact Poisson
confidence intervals in stata?

Alternatively, can anyone tell me how to save the results from istdize into
a datafile? I have tried to use the following code to claculate the
confidence intervals for a dataset contains variables: vol, pop, sex,
agegroup, pctcode and HRG, but I could not manage to save the result into a
datafile.

istdize vol pop sex agegroup using file.dta, by(pctcode06 HRG) pop(vol
pop)

Many thanks,
helen