st: RE: outreg2 "invalid syntax" error

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: outreg2 "invalid syntax" error
Date   Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:55:23 +0100

Please note that the author of -outreg2-, which is a user-written
command, is not a member of Statalist. Therefore you may be best advised
to contact him directly.

Dorothy Bridges

An outreg2 command following xtivreg in my do file gives me an
"invalid syntax" error, but the entire do file runs just fine on a
colleague's computer.  We're using the same version of Stata, same
exact do file, same .dta file, etc.  The command is:

outreg2     [varlist] using Filename.xls, ctitle(xyz) addstat(test
overid, r(score), gammapeg, gammapeg_dj, tgammapeg, tgammapeg_dj,
gammaint, gammaint_dj, tgammaint, tgammaint_dj)

Is it possible that there's an additional command I need to install on
my machine -- or something of the sort -- that might explain this