st: Regional Fixed Effects with Individual Data

From   Nicolás Rojas <>
Subject   st: Regional Fixed Effects with Individual Data
Date   Sun, 25 Jul 2010 19:36:01 -0400

Hello Everyone,

      I am doing  research about the effects of a policy on crime reporting.

* I have two cross-sections of individual data and I want to estimate
a logit model with regional and time fixed effects.

*My problem is the following:  I want to use regional fixed effects
and xtset does not allow me to have many observations within a region.
xtset expects that I have a panel of many regions at different moments
in time but not many observations from each region at different
moments in time.

*As estimating a logit model with fixed effects is not equivalent to
add regional dummy variables, I need to correcly declare the panel
data in order to use xtlogit.

What can I do? I didn´t find any useful command at ssc describe or in
the statalist webpage.

Thank you very much,

Nicolás Rojas
Pontifical Catholic University of Chile