Re: st: getting realistic fitted values from a regression

From   Christopher Baum <kit.baum@bc.edu>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: getting realistic fitted values from a regression
Date   Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:07:12 -0400

<>
Maarten states the received wisdom on this issue, but in the
econometrics text authored by Jeffrey Wooldridge (Introductory
Econometrics Thompson-Southwestern 2003 ) on pp. 208-9 Wooldridge
suggests a way to obtain unlogged predictions from a regression in
which the regressand is in log form (there have been subsequent
editions of this book but the page numbers I give will be close in
those newer editions).  If one of the statistical experts on this
list is familiar with this approach or is willing to look it up, I'd
be interested in their reaction.

ssc d levpredict

Kit