re: Re: Re: st: Installing XTIVREG2 on Stata 9

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   re: Re: Re: st: Installing XTIVREG2 on Stata 9
Date   Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:44:07 -0400

<>
Thanks Kit. Unfortunately, Stata Support declined to answer my
question because they only support the latest version of Stata.

Reasonable, I suppose, as they are in business to sell new copies of Stata.
Look at the specific error message regarding the directory in which you are not allowed to write, and consult someone
who knows something about permissions on your operating system. You are at a disadvantage without Stata 11.1, but you
are at a severe disadvantage with Stata 9.0 vs 9.2, as many bugfixes were applied to Stata 9 that you cannot incorporate
in your copy of Stata without fixing this OS-specific problem (I imagine the OS is some flavor of Windows).

Kit Baum