st: Combining spells prior to -stcox- ?

From   Jen Zhen <jenzhen99@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Combining spells prior to -stcox- ?
Date   Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:20:08 +0200

Dear listers,

in my spell data, there are many cases in which a "new" spell starts
only a few days after the end of the previous one.

Before running -stcox-, I am trying to decide whether to combine such
pairs of spells into one,
and if so, from what spell break length onwards I should stop combining them?
Or, at least if the second spell starts the day after the first ends,
does it not matter for -stcox- whether for some individual I have 2
subsequent spells of 3 days each or one spell of 6 days?

Thanks,
JZ