st: Propensity Score Weights in Oaxaca

From   Ingo Isphording <Ingo.Isphording@rub.de>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Propensity Score Weights in Oaxaca
Date   Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:14:33 +0200

Hi all,

i have a small problem with the oaxaca command. I try to use weights
from a probability score matching with psmatch to control for
pre-treatment heterogeneity in unobservables. Unfortunately, oaxaca
does not accept my weights. I either get :

oaxaca depvar expvars [iweights=psweight] ,
by(treatment_group) relax weight(0)

weights not allowed

r(101);

or:

oaxaca depvar expvars  [iw=psweight] , by(treatment_group)
relax weight(0)

(model 1 has zero variance coefficients)

iweight=psweight invalid name

r(198);

I am not sure whether it is just a syntax problem, or if I am doing
something wrong. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Ingo