Re: st: calling another .do file?

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: calling another .do file?
Date   Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:26:57 +0000

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Costello, Michael (Contractor)
<mcostello/> wrote:
> Statalist,
> Is it possible to have a command inside a .do file that allows you to call and execute a different .do file, then go back to the original and finish processing?

Yes (although a quick experiment of actually trying it out could have
answered this for you ;-).

di "Hello you've successfully called me from"

do test1

In fact you can do this multiple times and -man limits- shows you that
you can have upto 64 nested do-files.

See also [U] 16 Do-Files chapter of the Users Guide for the most
comprehensive over-view of writing do-files

"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he
rather gives his mind to each particular case in the light of his
evidence and his ideas." - Sir Ronald A. Fisher (1956)

Email -
Website -
Photos -