Re: st: STATA CODE INFO.: ivreg2 & ivregress

From   Bond Tiger <bond0910@ymail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: STATA CODE INFO.: ivreg2 & ivregress
Date   Mon, 19 Jul 2010 07:18:20 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you so much. That is really helpful. I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Bond

----- Original Message ----
From: Christopher Baum <kit.baum@bc.edu>
To: "statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Sent: Mon, July 19, 2010 5:59:31 AM
Subject: Re: st: STATA CODE INFO.: ivreg2 & ivregress

<>
On Jul 19, 2010, at 2:33 AM, Bond wrote:

> I would like to know whether there is any difference between the following
>codes
> or both the codes perform same task.......
>
> (1) ....ivreg2, gmm2s and ....ivregress, gmm.
> (2) ....ivreg2, cue and ......ivregress, igmm
>
> I think both the codes in (1) are performing the same task of instrumental
> variable two-step GMM estimation and codes in (2) are performing the same task
> of instrumental variable iterative GMM estimation.
>
> Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Re (1): you are right.
Re (2): you are wrong. GMM-CUE of Hansen, Heaton, Yaron is not the same iterated
GMM estimator as that included in official -ivregress-. They are both valid
estimators, but they use different criteria for the iterative technique.

Kit
coauthor of -ivreg2-

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html
                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |