st: automatically adjust the display of notes in the graph bar,

From   "Tiago V. Pereira" <>
Subject   st: automatically adjust the display of notes in the graph bar,
Date   Sat, 17 Jul 2010 02:10:12 -0300 (BRT)

I had this problem some months ago. I solved it by using a very dirty
procedure. It might work for you, although is not perfect

Paste your text into an editor (say openoffice).

Then, use the font arial; justification = centered.

Split the text into separate sentences.

add spaces until you get sentences with similar sizes.

add the quotes.

To sum up, it works, but is a trial-and-error task.

If the stataserver does not delete white spaces, this code is an example

webuse auto, clear
graph bar price,bargap(-30)  over(foreign) note("The  development  of
Linux  is  one of the most  prominent" "examples  of free and  open source
software collaboration;" "typically all the underlying source code can be
used, freely" "modified,    and    redistributed,    both   commercially
and" "non-commercially ,  by  anyone  under  licenses  such   as" "the
GNU  General   Public   License.   Typically   Linux   is"  "packaged  in
a  format   known  as a  Linux distribution for"  "desktop and server
use.", margin(medium) justification(left))

I am very curious to see any smarter solutions.