Re: st: Merging longitudinal data set

Subject   Re: st: Merging longitudinal data set
Date   Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:23:22 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Fri, 16/7/10, Abdel Rahmen El Lahga wrote:
> I think that your strategy is wrong. When you have a
> panel data (each wave in a separate file) I suggest
> the command "append" instead of "merge".

That just depends on what Andreas wants to do. For some
actions the wide format is more conveniant for others the
long format. At least it warned him of the fact that a
substantial portion of observations are lost or are new
in the second wave, that is a good thing to know so he
can further investigate it.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie