Re: AW: st: Chi-squared test for independence of observed and expected frequencies

Subject   Re: AW: st: Chi-squared test for independence of observed and expected frequencies
Date   Fri, 16 Jul 2010 01:36:22 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Fri, 16/7/10, Marc Michelsen wrote:
> Do you have any idea how the authors have tested
> the significance of each of the frequencies?

I don't even know what the null hypothesis should be:
independence refers to the whole set of frequencies
that make up a cross tabulation. A test on individual
frequencies then just does not make sense within
this context.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie