Re: st: multifactor models

Subject   Re: st: multifactor models
Date   Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:36:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 15/7/10, a.carrozzone@libero.it wrote:
> I am trying to estimate a multifactor model using the
> standard Fama-Macbeth (1973) procedure.
>
> I have a problem in computing the Gibbons Ross Shanken
> (1989) statistic and  the Shanken (1992) correction for
> the standard errors.
>
> Are you aware of STATA modules to do that?

Quote from the Statalist FAQ (a link to it appears underneath
every post on the statalist):

Precise literature references please! Please do not assume that the
literature familiar to you is familiar to all members of Statalist. Do not refer to publications with just minimal details (e.g., author and date). Questions of the form “Has anyone implemented the heteroscedasticity under a full moon test of Sue, Grabbit, and Runne (1989)?” admittedly divide the world. Anyone who has not heard of the said test would not be helped by the full reference to answer the question, but they might well appreciate the full reference.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen