st: Lowess smoother matrix

From   "Florian Ramseger" <>
Subject   st: Lowess smoother matrix
Date   Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:25:14 +0200

Dear all,

I have the following problem:

I would like to compare the fit of a linear regression with that from a
Lowess-smooth. Now I have been told that I would need  the trace of the
"smoother matrix" to get the degrees of freedom. Does anybody know how I
could obtain this after the Lowess command?

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions!