st: omission of results due to multicollinearity

From   "Sibel S." <sibsel08@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: omission of results due to multicollinearity
Date   Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:23:12 -0400

Hi Statalist users,

While running a regression to predict educational attainment for ages
7 through 20, some of the results for my age dummies and their
interaction with parental schooling were omitted because of
collinearity. I am trying to find out why this would happen only for
ages 18 through 20. Does Stata drop both the variables when there is
collinearity or one of them to improve the results? If it drops one of
them, how can i find out with which other variable it has a high
degree of multicollinearity. [I hope this is making sense]. Thanks.
Sibel