st: Multicollinearity in fixed effects regressions

From   Bin Dong <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Multicollinearity in fixed effects regressions
Date   Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:40:38 +1000

Dear all,

I have a maybe stupid question when I estiamte the FE model by
including individual dummies. Some of independent variables in my
fixed effects regressions are time-invariant and therefore
theoretically have perfect multicollinearity with individual dummies.
However, I always get significant coefficients of these variables in
my fixed effects regressions with different controls. Are the results
reliable because my sample size is large (1600 obs) enough to provide
adequate information?  If anyone has an idea about my results, I would
greatly appreciate any assistance you could provide.Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Bin