Re: st: string and numeric under one field

From   Richard Goldstein <>
Subject   Re: st: string and numeric under one field
Date   Tue, 13 Jul 2010 21:07:55 -0400

although you cannot, in Stata, give a label to ".", you are allowed to
label the extended missings (.a, etc.); so, I would make the "N/A" into,
say, .a and label it to be "N/A"

of course, since you don't say why you want this, I don't know whether
this will do what you want