st: mysql to stata

From   Tyler Frazier <>
Subject   st: mysql to stata
Date   Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:29:30 -0400

What is the best way to connect stata to a mysql database .. I added
tosql for export, but there are still conversion errors in the type
(int, double, float, char, etc...) and it seems to be resulting errors
in my model.  Also, I would like to import from MySQL edit and export
again.  I have tried the odbc command but mysql is not recognized, Im
working through the drivers but wanted to give a quick email to get
some feedback confirming this is the right direction or not.  Thanks!