Re: st: Dummy variables

From   Conor Hughes <cbhughes@uchicago.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Dummy variables
Date   Tue, 13 Jul 2010 06:02:50 -0500

<>
Hi Frank,
Maybe I misunderstood the question, but if you simply want dummies
that identify the hospitals, couldn't you just use -tab, gen()- ?  For
example:

* Start
sysuse lifeexp, clear
tab region, gen(rgn)
sum reg*
*End

This creates rgn1, rgn2, and rgn3, which are dummies for each region.
Just stick in whatever hospital ID you have, and you should be good to
go.

Cheers,
Conor