st: Quantile regression and matched cohorts

From   Garry Anderson <>
Subject   st: Quantile regression and matched cohorts
Date   Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:27:29 +1000

Dear Statalist,

I have 80 matched cohorts with each cohort having 1 treated subject and
from 1 to 16 matched controls. I wish to compare medians between the
treated subjects and controls within each matched set. Quantile
regression (-qreg-) could be used, but I am unsure as to how to account
for the matched cohorts. This design is similar to a conditional
logistic regression, except that the outcome is not binary. -xtqreg- is
not available.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best wishes
Garry Anderson