st: RE: Calling a ML program in an ado file

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Calling a ML program in an ado file
Date   Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:41:39 +0100

Try putting your -myprobit- program in a separate file -myprobit.ado-.

Valérie OROZCO

I would like to create some ado-files in order to replicate some estimations on several data.
I have some problems calling ml program in my ado (they are not known).

Let's take a small example :

/*----------------------------- begin Example.ado-----------------------------*/
program Example
    version 11.1
    args varY X1 X2
    di "Call myprobit"
    ml model lf myprobit (`varY' = `X1'  `X2')
    ml maximize

program myprobit
    version 11
    args lnf theta1
    quietly replace `lnf' = ln(normal(`theta1')) if $ML_y1==1
    quietly replace `lnf' = ln(normal(-`theta1')) if $ML_y1==0

Running the ado "Example" gives the following message :

. Example foreign mpg weight
(1978 Automobile Data)
Call myprobit
unrecognized command:   myprobit

I don't understand why the program "myprobit", written in the ado file, remains unknown...
What is my mistake???