st: percentile variables

From   Maximiliano Manuel Silva Correa <>
Subject   st: percentile variables
Date   Fri, 9 Jul 2010 14:03:09 -0400

Hello everybody,

Im wondering how could i create a variable of percentiles using By

suppose we have power consumption data, our variables are

power consumption

id like to do something like

bys stata city power_plant_type day_period: pctile power, pctile(10(10)90)

Thank u in advance