st: How to implement ranktest of matrix

From   Komi Agbemavi Mati <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: How to implement ranktest of matrix
Date   Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:43:16 -0400

I  need to test whether the following matrix have rank 0, 1 or 2. I am trying to use     ranktest in stata but i don't know what to put in Y and what
 to put in Z as described in the help file.

                                   dqdZ1           dqdz2
                                .0002178      .0000277
                                 .0003644      .0000637
				 .0022189     -.0004827
				 .0012441      .0000804
				 -.0182371    -.0013471
				 .0026022      .0008305

 When I try the following command
 ranktest  dqdZ1        dqdz2,
 I obtain

 Kleibergen-Paap rk LM test of rank of matrix
  Test assumes homoskedasticity (Anderson canonical correlations test)
 Test of rank=  0  rk=    4.12  Chi-sq(  1) pvalue=0.042450

 And  when I try  ranktest  dqdZ1        dqdz2, allrank,

 I obtain the same result. So I would like to know how to test  Ho: rank=1 or Ho:rank=2.