Re: st: RE: unexpected end of file when execute glm

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: unexpected end of file when execute glm
Date   Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:57:15 +0000

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 3:48 PM, G. Dai <> wrote:
> btw, why this blank line matters?

I may be wrong here, but to the best of my recollection its not
actually a blank line thats required, but a carriage return at the end
of the last line that is required.

Well, what do you do when you are using Stata interactively to execute
a command?

You hit the carriage return (or Enter) button to execute it.

Same is required in a do-file so that Stata "knows" to execute that line.

"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he
rather gives his mind to each particular case in the light of his
evidence and his ideas." - Sir Ronald A. Fisher (1956)

Email -
Website -
Photos -