st: AW: Predicted probabilities after Poisson regression

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Predicted probabilities after Poisson regression
Date   Tue, 6 Jul 2010 11:44:50 +0200

-h whatsnew- indicates that this -predict- option was added with the 11.1

"update 03jun2010

    What's new in release 11.1 (compared with release 11.0)

o  Probability predictions.  predict after count-data models, such as
poisson and nbreg, can now predict the probability
           of any count or any count range."

So the manual is not yet perfectly in tune with the developments for
-poisson-, I guess. Maybe the change is not significant enough to warrant a
new compilation of the whole manual.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. Juli 2010 11:38
Betreff: st: Predicted probabilities after Poisson regression

Hello all,

Looking at the help file for Poisson postestimation, there is an option
-pr(n)- or -pr(a,b)- for -predict-, which calculates unconditional
probabilities.  However, when I look in the manual for more information
there is no mention of this option.

I was hoping that someone would be able to help me find out more
information about how predicted probabilities are estimated after Poisson

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
for the addressee(s) only. If this message was sent to you in error,
you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it and
we request that you notify the sender immediately by return email.

Opinions expressed in this message and any attachments are not
necessarily those held by the Health and Safety Laboratory or any person
connected with the organisation, save those by whom the opinions were

Please note that any messages sent or received by the Health and Safety
Laboratory email system may be monitored and stored in an information
retrieval system.
Think before you print - do you really need to print this email?

Scanned by MailMarshal - Marshal's comprehensive email content security
solution. Download a free evaluation of MailMarshal at