st: Re: Extracting specific elements from a matrix

From   Dani Tilley <tilleydani@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Re: Extracting specific elements from a matrix
Date   Mon, 5 Jul 2010 14:10:15 -0700 (PDT)

Much appreciated Martin. Incidentally, how do you go about creating an empty vector in Stata? I noticed that -generate- creates a new variable of length N,but what if I want a variable of length 10? I tried macro and local but they appear to hold strings rather than floats.