Re: st: RE: RE: estimation with a time trend.

Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: estimation with a time trend.
Date   Mon, 5 Jul 2010 13:01:03 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 5/7/10, natasha agarwal wrote:
> I am estimating the model with a within estimator. I
> thought that they mean center the data anyways?

It still matters if you include interactions with time.

Anyhow, if you believe that your variables are
centered anyhow, why would you want to use -egen group()-?
The only use it could have it to center your data at
some meaningful point, but as Nick already mentioned
the way it does that is dangerous, and the alternative
method of just subtracting some meaningful point in time
is both much safer and easier.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie