RE: st: RE: RE: estimation with a time trend.

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: estimation with a time trend.
Date   Mon, 5 Jul 2010 13:14:07 +0100

Sorry; I meant

year- (or -year- MINUS midpoint for interpretability)

For example, if you work with (year - 2000) then intercepts have a clear
interpretation as "predicted value in 2000".

natasha agarwal

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Nick Cox <> wrote:
> As -egen, group()- maps to 1 ... whatever regardless of gaps, this
> in fact make things worse. What's wrong with -year- (or -year- MINUS
> midpoint) for interpretability?

I am afraid I did not understand "year- (or -year- MINUS> midpoint)
for interpretability?"

Martin Weiss