st: Combining two financial reports in the same calendar year

From   Matthew Krauchunas <krauchunasms@mymail.vcu.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Combining two financial reports in the same calendar year
Date   Sun, 4 Jul 2010 07:40:19 -0400

Hello,

I am working with California nursing home data and I have a number of
nursing homes that have numerous financial reports in the same
calendar year that I need to combine.  For instance, nursing home ABC
has one financial report covering period Jan 1, 2004 - Mar 31, 2004
and another Apr 1, 2004 - Dec 31, 2004.  Is there a way in Stata to
combine these two "observations" into a single observation?

Thank you,
Matt