Re: st: Regression Discontinuity, with treatment effects that vary with an endogenous covariate?

From   Austin Nichols <>
Subject   Re: st: Regression Discontinuity, with treatment effects that vary with an endogenous covariate?
Date   Sat, 3 Jul 2010 09:42:23 -0400

The RD design uses the jump in expected benefits at the tenure cutoff
to identify a causal effect at one particular value of tenure; if
there were a jump also in prior earnings at that cutoff, it would
invalidate the design.  So, no, you can't include an interaction.
Also note that Stata has no -rd- command (ssc describe rd).