Re: st: autocorrelated panel data with pweights

From   Steve Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: autocorrelated panel data with pweights
Date   Thu, 1 Jul 2010 17:07:31 -0400

How about:

**********************CODE BEGINS****
webuse nlswork
xtreg ln_w grade [pweight=birth_yr], pa corr(ar)
**********************CODE ENDS****

 On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Mike Perry <> wrote:
> I would like to be able to run a panel regression that corrects for
> autocorrelation within panels and allows the use of pweights.
> Essentially, I would like either something like xtregar, but with the
> ability to use pweights, or else a survey command that corrects for
> autocorrelation.  Does anyone know of such a command in Stata?  If not
> Stata, does anyone know of any command like that in SAS, SPSS or R?
> Also, is there an easy way to sum up why xtregar can handle fweights,
> but not pweights?
> thanks much,
> Mike
> *