AW: AW: st: RE: venn diagram and venndiag

Subject   AW: AW: st: RE: venn diagram and venndiag
Date   Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:59:25 +0200

<>

So -venndiag- requires a lot of space for computations, no doubt about it.
This runs on my 11.1 MP:

*************
clear*
set mem 1200m
set obs 30000000
gen x=rnormal()
gen y=rnormal()
venndiag x y
*************

-d, short- gives me:

Contains data
  obs:    30,000,000
 vars:             2
 size:   480,000,000 (71.4% of memory free)
Sorted by:
     Note:  dataset has changed since last saved

so fully 70% are still free for -venndiag-. 40,000,000 observations (with
62% free mem) are not enough, as I have found out via iteration.

But there is no crash. Maybe you should let tech support know about the
issue...

HTH
Martin