st: AW: Infix imports wrong numbers!

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Infix imports wrong numbers!
Date   Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:21:08 +0200

The connection of your problem to -infix- is rather loose. The same happens
if you omit the -double- from the -input- line:

input double ID

format ID %09.0f

Note the -format- chosen gives you a leading zero, as would a similarly
formatted string, as NJC has already recommended.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von techné
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 1. Juli 2010 15:55
Betreff: st: Infix imports wrong numbers!

Hope it is not too odd a question: I have tried to find solutions to
this but could not manage to solve it by myself or surfing the net
I am using infix to import a dataset that has fixed column-content.
The problem is that infix seems "imprecise" in that it imports long
numbers mistaking the last digit, or averaging some variables between
two subsequent observations...
Here is an example:

consider the file which is made of the following two lines:

018554079             00002
018554081             00002

I use the command:

infix  	ID   1-9 	EMPTY	10-22 	VAR1	23-27         using

what I obtain is two observations with ID == 018554080 !!!

what's wrong?

Thank you very much for your help