st: RE: Imputing, interpolating, or otherwise finding missing data?

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Imputing, interpolating, or otherwise finding missing data?
Date   Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:08:59 +0100

This is more a task for -generate- using your formula and noise recipe
-if missing(y)-.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

L Robinson

I have a dependent variable that nicely follows the equation
y=-91.78*ln(x) +
433.73. y is a growth rate, x is time(1,2,3, etc).

I have several missing growth rate values, and I'd like to either impute
or
interpolate. I could predict values of y based solely on the equation,
but I'd
like to use one of the Stata functions to introduce noise around the
predicted
variables. I can't seem to find a way to incorporate the values of this
equation
into either ipolate or ice. I use Stata 10.1 (no mi function).