Re: st: Trying to import an XML file into STATA

From   Phil Schumm <>
Subject   Re: st: Trying to import an XML file into STATA
Date   Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:24:06 -0500

On Jun 30, 2010, at 2:16 PM, Helen Gibbs wrote:
I am having to export out of SPSS into an excel document and save as an XML file (2003 version), then when I try to import it.

I'm not an SPSS user, but it appears that you can save an SPSS dataset in Stata format directly from within SPSS (e.g., . Seems like that would be an easier, and perhaps better, option. One you have a Stata format dataset, you can bring into your Stata session only those variables you need for the task at hand (i.e., by passing a varlist to -use-).

-- Phil