st: RE: Filtering data

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Filtering data
Date   Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:38:52 +0100

Martin Weiss has already answered. On a different level, I note that
discarding 20% of your data is a pretty drastic solution to whatever it
is that you see as the problem. Transformations? Non-identity link
functions?

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Maximiliano Manuel Silva Correa

Im currently analizing travel times for serveral urban bus trips in
the city of Santiago, Chile. I'm using lots of data coming from GPS
sources.

Pretty newbie to Stata,  Im stuck trying to filter data by bus trip
route codes; Id like to drop all observations wich have travel times
under percentile 10 and over percentile 90 for all observations
sharing a certain route code... this filter for all route codes.