st: ranking using nlogit

From   Debs Majumdar <debs_stata@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: ranking using nlogit
Date   Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:52:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

  I have a dataset in which I have ordinal item responses (10 items) from 10,000 patients nested under 400 doctors. The doctors are nested under specialty (5 kinds) and they are nested under 10 different clinics i.e. patients--> doctors--> specialty --> clinic.

   I want to a) rank the doctors just by themselves b) rank clinics c) rank doctors according to specialty  wrt to the the item responses. Can nlogit do this?

  I have granular item level data. I did create a sum score based on the 10 items but if I use it I do lose a lot of information. Is there any subroutine in STATA which does hierarchical IRT models which may solve this problem?

 Thanks for you inputs,

 Debs