st: Re: Kenel density function

From   Janet Hill <>
Subject   st: Re: Kenel density function
Date   Tue, 29 Jun 2010 05:52:05 -0700 (PDT)

I would be grateful for some advice. I have some data from an experiment in which the difference between a cast and the master model has been measured. The data consists of the frequency of difference from -8 to + 8 mm in steps of 0.25, and 6 different casts were made. Kernel density plots show obvious differences between the casts but is there any way I can formally test this - or am I missing an obvious way to compare the frequency distributions/ I had thought of using Kolmogorov-Smirnov followed by multiple comparisons but I was not sure how applicable it would be.

I am using Stata 11.1

Many thanks,