RE: st: how to DE-CAPITALISE variables?

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: how to DE-CAPITALISE variables?
Date   Mon, 28 Jun 2010 18:29:21 +0100

-renvars- is from the SJ. -search renvars- for locations.

Lachenbruch, Peter

renvars varlist,lower
seems easiest

Maarten buis

--- Josef Montag wrote
> I have a dataset in which all variable names are in CAPITAL letters.
> Is there a simple way how to de-capitalise them?

foreach var of varlist _all {
    local lower = lower(`var')
    rename `var' `lower'